And that's why we are here, once again, at the ready, to help. You can tell me your budget and I'll be able to tell you what I can create for that dollar value. Maybe that causes you to rethink and adjust your budget to get what you are looking for, but at least you don't start the project and get only partially completed because you run out of money. I also have the experience and the creativity to get the look or feel you are craving for your new space, while possibly saving dollars where it's not going to matter as much.
So the question is, where should you focus your budget dollars?
- Good quality sofa. You will never regret this. Granted, QUALITY for some might mean $1200 and for others will mean $4000 and up. You have to decide where you fall.
- Great kitchen cabinetry. You will use this every day. Make sure you buy the best you can afford or save until you can.
- Hardware. If you touch it, make sure you love it. That being said, it doesn't need to be high end to be great.
- Privacy. Leave the fishbowl look for the fishes and buy some window treatments.
- Sufficient lighting. Now it all doesn't have to be high end lighting, but be sure to put some dollars aside to make sure you have ENOUGH lighting. Most rooms are lacking in this area. No point having a space you can only use when there is daylight.
- Fabulous tile. If the room requires tile, use some. See below on how to save with it.
Use a small amount of expensive tile as an accent. Photo: Solace Interiors
- If your budget dollars are stretched, try doing your window treatments in layers. Start with the layer that will provide privacy, such as blinds, the first year and then when more money has been saved, add the decorative touches, such as valences or panel drapes.
- Accessories. There are so many places to get accessories at great prices. Like a piece of jewelry, a room NEEDS accessories to feel finished, otherwise it's just a plain black dress.
- Anything that is "on trend". Be sure to limit the dollars you spend in this area. Try bringing in a trendy colour in an accessory instead of your main sofa.
Source: American Leather
- Fabulous tile. Use it as an accent, and then you can tile the rest of the flooring or wall area in a more economical choice.
- Area rugs. There are a ton of options to choose from for every budget. Find one that works for you. In most cases, you will replace the area rug before your sofa or chairs. Spend accordingly.
Until next time,
Special limited time savings of $25 off of a colour consultation. Click here for more information.